Thursday 16 January 2014

'Be Who You Want to Be" Layout - Lindy's Stamp Gang January Colour Challenge! {Lindy's Stamp Gang/Prima}






Hello again!  Back today to share the details of my
 Lindy's Stamp Gang Colour Challenge page with you!  

You still have time to enter the challenge HERE. 

January Color Challenge

 The rules are simple!

1.  Share the Colour Challenge Board with a 
link back to the challenge post HERE.

2.  Use some Lindy's Stamp Gang products -
 Available for purchase HERE.

3.  Link up the products you use to where they are 
available in the store!  This is super simple because
 the store has so many search options.

4.  Use AT LEAST 2 COLOURS from the board,
 plus the addition of black & white if need be.

FOR YOUR EFFORTS we select a handful of winners
 each month & you all receive some lovely goodies!!  

WELL WORTH IT!!!


I absolutely LOVED the image in the colour board this
 month & the colours are just so wintery and beautiful!


This was a perfect opportunity to go for a white cardstock
 base.  I do love the look of them but I also adore the huge 
array of patterned papers on offer too so often I use a print 
& white out the central area of my page with gesso. 

 A good trick for using up all those older papers :)


I sprayed my base very lightly with Lindy's Stamp 
Gang starbursts {glittery} & Flat Fabio {matt} mists.

  I used Clam Bake Beige & Salt Water Taffy Starbursts, 
I'm Late I'm Late Slate, Long John Silver Moon Shadow
 Mist {the Moon Shadows have a walnut ink base so they
 are more grungy & vintagey} & some beautiful 'newish' 
Art Glitter from Lindy's too - from the Mad Hatter 
Glitter Set 1.  This glitter is amazeballs!!


Instead of using a purpose-made stencil I misted through 
a heart shaped doily.  To get the watercolour effect
 that is so popular right now I quickly flicked the doily 
over after misting & pressed it down onto my background 
then rolled over it to transfer the residual mist onto the page. 

 LOVE the effect of this REVERSE STENCILING!


I used lots of layers but kept them flatter than in the past.  

The black & white elements come from Prima 'The Optimist'
collection & I have some 7Dots Studio 'Messy Head' journal
cards stuck in there too, along with some thread & dry wall
tape that make great additional layers whilst adding almost no bulk.


I used some Golden modeling paste, through a geometric
stencil purchased at my local hardware store, sprinkled
with art glitter from LSG whilst it was still wet.  


Tiny flowers come from Prima & flairs from The Paper Bakery.


Thanks for your visit today!
See you all again here soon :)

DON'T FORGET TO JOIN IN THE COLOUR 
CHALLENGE AT LINDY'S STAMP GANG!!



13 comments:

Margaret Mifsud said...

How I love the background on this page Helen!! I really wish I could achieve that look but it just won't work for me. I love this page, it is so soft and pretty and yet has this little bit of drama going on in the middle that makes the photo just pop off the page .... fabulous!!! Totally stunning!! ox

juscrap said...

Gorgeous layout Helen! i love the background, this is perfect! xoxo

sandi said...

Wow Helen, this is just absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ульяна и Полина said...

Супер!!!

Keren Tamir said...

Love the palette. Beautiful LO.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!! I love love love love love the colors, the layers and the textures!!!!!

Lizzy Hill said...

HEART it v much...hang on...♥♥♥!!!!! The softness & the way you've framed your DD inside the layered heart...just gorgeous, Helen:):)

Lynnda said...

Love this layout! Absolutely gorgeous! Hugs....x

Elaine coustley said...

I too like the image in the mood board I love flowers , don't think I could go without them. Your layout is just so lovely .Truly love your work.x

Eila Sandberg said...

Ooooh I so love the colours of the mood board!! delish delish and even more delish! This is an unusally soft page for you but you totally rocked this one as well! Me loves this too! xoxox

Linda Eggleton said...

Amazing colours, layers, textures & use of so many elements. Brilliant work, once again!!

Denise van Deventer said...

Stunning page...love the design and those gorgeous soft colours! Love it! ;-)

Desire Fourie said...

A wonderful shabby chic feel to this one.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}