Saturday 25 January 2014

#Joy Layout - My FIRST 2Crafty Chipboard Post!! {also using Prima & Faber Castell /Design Memory Craft}




Hi everyone!  I hope you are enjoying your weekend!!
We have NO children here with us this weekend 
which is SO strange!  I have a video to film so that
 is keeping me busy, but the quiet is very strange!!

Just popping in here to share my VERY FIRST 2 Crafty post with you,
which is up on their blog HERE for the next few days, but of course
I will also be sharing my layouts with you here too.

It's always DOUBLE FANTASTIC if 
you pop in to their blog too though!!

Have an awesome weekend :)

-------------------------------

Hi there 2 Crafty fans!
HELEN here sharing my very first 2 Crafty post with you today :)
 

For this page I used 3 pieces of 2 Crafty chipboard.
The largest piece, with the hearts, is the 'Corner Heart Spray.'
The two bottom pieces come from a set of 3 pieces called the
'Leafy Shrub Set 1' - a gorgeous set indeed!!


I have already edited & printed out my Christmas photographs
& am determined to get them all scrapped asap!  


I enhanced the chipboard using a red gelato from Faber Castell,  
applied randomly then spread with a baby wipe.  I then sponged
highlights of gesso on using a small sponge & lastly I added some
sparkle to random areas using some glittery gold varnish.


I love the 3D 'shaded' look the chipboard takes on when given this treatment.
I also added in some other gold accents by means of glittered-up alphas, twine
& 'to die for' gold doilies sent to me from the USA - serious LOVE!!


You will usually see that I treat my chipboard in an uneven manner
rather than painting, embossing, etc all over in a uniform style.
To me this makes the effect look more artistic.


I LOVE the 'Corner Heart Spray' piece!  It is really
substantial & makes for SUCH a dramatic focal point...


I also love how in this instance it reminds me of Christmas ornaments/
decorations draping down from a branch.  Perfect for this layout!!

{My backing paper, glittery flowers & flair are both from 
Prima's recent 2013 Christmas collection of course & the stamp
 is from one of Prima's Finnabair lines in 2013  - Vintage Vanity}



17 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Pure gold, this page, Helen....& I love how you 'treat' the chippy....that 'joy' with the glitter is delish!!! Nice start to your journey...& ENJOY the peace & quiet, even if it is a bit odd:):)

Adriana B said...

gorgeous layout...love all the details on the chipboard, the colours are amazing...enjoy your weekend :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! I love love love the colors and loving all that yummy chipboard!!!!!

Margaret Mifsud said...

Sensational page Helen!!! Love how you coloured those gorgeous chippies and I love all the glitter too!!! Absolutely stunning!!! ox

Desire Fourie said...

Just so beautiful Helen. Love the touches of sparkly gold and your daughter is so pretty.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Heather Jacob said...

pure bliss , loving the colors xoxo

Helen Wallace said...

A stunning page for a stunning daughter and your chippie treatment is divine...how lucky are they to have you on team??

Mitralee said...

So happy with all that gold and lovely chippy all beautiful with various coats of paint & gesso! Super layout and one to really be proud as it really flows and shines!

Bellaidea said...

This is stunnig page my friend, love all colors and your work with chipboards

Svetlana Austin said...

this is stunning, Helen! love the colors and that shimmering gold just adds some really nice glamorous touch to your LO!

yyam said...

Oh wow. Gorgeous! Really love the GOLD bits!

Val-Belle said...

Oh I love a sparkly layout and that gold is so delish... Such a beautiful layout and I love those chippies... the red and the gold together is just stunning... love it.

sandi said...

It's always feels so odd when the kiddos aren't around here too....so odd, kidda leaves you feeling like ....what should we do?!
Your lo is stunning! So pretty, so full of color and perfect embellies....fabulous pic too! <3!

Denise van Deventer said...

This is gorgeous Helen! Love how you treated and coloured the chippies, so stunning and effective! Beautiful page all round! ;-)

Lynnda said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this layout Helen! So beautiful!!! I really adore this LO! You are amazing! hugs...x

Unknown said...

Beautiful page! Love the colors and design!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Gorgeous page Helen. I love the colours and the awesome background.