Wednesday 5 March 2014

"Finals Ball" Close-Ups! Scrap Around The World - 3rd Eye





I'm back again!  Blogging like a soldier!!  
Well I am all caught up now!!!  Just about :)  
I do have some news to share with you all here soon...


For now here are the close-ups for my SATW page - 
"Finals Ball" based on our current mood board HERE.


I was very inspired by Alexandra's mood board.
  The top left image of the ball gown inspired me
 to use the photo of my son & his friends at his 
Matric Dance, which is the local equivalent of a Finals Ball.


I LOVE pink - it's one of my favourite colours & definitely the one I wear the most. 
 So I was dying to use it, although I find that too much pink doesn't work well 
with photographs as it tends to cast too much of a pink overtone onto the
 skin colours & everyone looks like little pigs :)  


To overcome that I toned down my pink with a lot of white to keep it really subtle!


The steel paint brush handle, typewriter keys & necklace inspired me to use silver alphas.



 The background in the paint brush photo inspired my watered down misted background.


I had it in mind to add a lot of pink flowers in keeping with the
 flowery image but it turned out that they weren't needed after all.  



13 comments:

yyam said...

Gosh...this is gorgeous! I love the use of the alphas...they work very well with the theme of your photo.

P/s: Your blog is not showing up in Feedly for me...for the last month. That's why I haven't stopped by. Lucky we are FB friends eh? Time to play catch up.

Lizzy Hill said...

Yup, I'm loving the alphas too...good on Yvonne for pointing you in the right direction. personally, I'm still trying to get my head around what 'feedly' is!!!

Eila Sandberg said...

Love the subtle background work that allows the photo to really stand out! and the silver alphas look smashing here. Oh to be young and have a ball to go to! xoxox

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow wow!! This is gorgeous! LOVING that photo and the colors!!

Mitralee said...

Oh my goodness! I love how the alphas blend in there with the white it's pure genus! I am going to take a walk through your blog for the next bit so I can get caught back up. We have winter balls here, so i was confused on the title for a minute or two!

Val-Belle said...

Gorgeous layout. Love the background and that is a stunning photo.

Adriana B said...

loving the rich, textured background, you're amazing :)

Brendaxx said...

Beautiful page and a stunning background!!! Look at all that texture, love the alphas too. Beautiful!!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

I always want to reach out and touch your pages...they are so pretty and rich in texture.

Sandi Clarkson said...

Love this one, too! Such great colors! I'm doing alphas on a LO as well … inspired by Limor but now inspired by you as well! I've added your feed to my yahoo so that I won't miss a thing! Hopefully!

Paula said...

I love, love, love this layout! That background is amazing...the texture & colours, so beautiful!

Linda Eggleton said...

That background is super stunning, Helen...layer upon layer of textured genius - love it!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! Love a stunning background!