Saturday 20 September 2014

''New Beginnings"Challenge - 7 Dots Studio - Cold Country







Hello everyone!  There's a new challenge over on the 7 Dots Studio blog at the moment,
the theme of which is "New Beginnings".  I chose to scrap this photo of my eldest son 
{back left} with his friends at his school Graduation Dance last year.  As you can
see I journalled underneath the photo "Every Ending Brings a new Beginning".


Now they have all gone their separate ways & are studying all over the country
& some in different countries.  For my son, going to university has been his
perfect "2nd Chance"& definitely a new beginning for him.  He had a tough
time at high school & really appreciates the fresh start that university brought.


I used paper & stickers from one of 7 Dots Studio 2014 Collections - Cold Country.
The Cold steely grey/blue colours of this collection worked perfectly with the
colours in my photo.  I also used some grid chipboard from the Illumination
Collection, as an extra layer in my photo stack.  The mask I have used, & the 2
flairs, come from UmWow Studio HERE.  


I really enjoyed getting painterly on this one. 
 I also used the Cold Country die-cut sheet on this layout as the
 images of the smart gentlemen went perfectly with the theme of my page.
There are always wonderful prizes to be won when playing along with the
7 Dots Challenges so I hope you will play along if you have some 7 Dots
products you can use.  Thank you for your visit :)




14 comments:

Evelyn Walter said...

Oh, it´s a phantastic page, Helen! The colors and the texture is so great! To add these 2 vintage photos is such a great idea, love this :o)
Have a nice weekend
xxx Evelyn

Jasmine S said...

Just beautiful. The photo is simply gorgeous and your background work, divine Helen. Love love it.

Kim Ewins said...

Such a stunning layout, Helen.....your background is just amazing!

Lizzy Hill said...

Really lovely....great saying & I spy a few little stick pins.... they always looks gorgeous:):)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Absolutely STUNNING!!! LOVING the colors and all the gorgeous texture!!!

Margaret Mifsud said...

Divine page Helen!! The colours and the background are simply stunning!!! Looooveee this!!! ox

Di Garling said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Helen. Perfection plus. Cheers Di

Annie Claxton said...

Gorgeously painterly page Helen, I love the texture and layers and those colours are gorgeous - very obliging of the girls to wear such a delicious combination of colours! Beautiful :o)

Val-Belle said...

I love the colours of this one. So rich with colour and textures. So true about new beginnings. The only thing that is certain in life is change.... Will have to check out the challenge :D

zenevak said...

Stunning page! I love the blues. A beautiful photo capturing a special moment. Just gorgeous.

Heather McMahon said...

Love this Helen! What a fabulous background and the colours are stunning!

Mitralee said...

LOVELY job! Really enjoyed the colors that you used and that delish little metal piece that was slid under the photo! Pretty!

Di Garling said...

Stunningly beautiful layout Helen and that photo is just fabulous. Must make you very proud of such a beautiful brood. Fantastic page. Cheers Di

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

What an outstanding page! Stunner! I am so glad I hopped over to your blog from facebook.. I soo wanted to see the close ups of the background. I am out of words! Such a gorgeous and detailed background Helen..Wow!