Tuesday 4 August 2015

Be True - Prima Build-a-Page Sketch - August 2015







Hi everyone!  Time already for another Build-a-Page sketch over at Prima!
Riikka created a really beautiful & ethereal one this month don't you think?


I felt inspired to create something really spiritual & dramatic & have
 been really inspired by all Finnabair's black based work of late!


I used the new Bella Rouge Collection of papers as they are really strong & passionate.

Can you believe I used all these Prima products on just this one page?!

Patterned Papers – Bella Rouge Collection – Sentiments – 847135
Bella Rouge Collection – Les Roses Rouges – 847128
Finnabair Stencil – Grungy Grid – 7 x 9 ‘’ – 962319
Prima Art Basics – Heavy Gesso White - 961442
Prima Art Basics – Heavy Gesso Black – 961459
Cling Stamp – 580087
Color Bloom Sprays – Tangerine - 573935
Color Bloom Sprays – Pressed Petal – 573881
Color Bloom Sprays – Antique Gold – 573843
Color Bloom Sprays - Vintage Coal – 573799
Finnabair Art Ingredients – Glass Beads – Butter - 961701
Prima Wire Thread – Brown – 572020
Prima Alphas – 8 x 10” Welcome to Paris – 559137
Sticker – Stationer’s Desk Collection Kit – 814151
Metal Trinkets ‘’Archived” – 579791


I just LOVE their new cling stamps because they're so BIG! {about 3 x 4inches!!}
 & so easy to handle without an acrylic block - just my kind of easy!!!


And HOW luscious is that new metal?!?  Oh boy....
I plopped some microbeads into the keyhole for good measure.
Just can't resist those little touches!  Life is in the details for us artists isn't it?!


Have you noticed this new wrapping technique that all the Finnabair team girls seem to be up to lately?  Firstly I saw Marta doing it then this week another team member too.
Pretty cool I think & I have PLENTY of wire & cord to use up!


And a new stencil always makes me squeal with delight.
  Not to mention pools of metallic mists.  Aaaaah. 
 This was a therapeutic make for sure!  


Please come & play with us at Prima this month by uploading
 YOUR take on the BAP sketch before the end of August!



11 comments:

Unknown said...

Fantastic lo Helen! I love the wrapped wire, such a cool idea!

Romy said...

Your lay-out is truly amazing! I just love your background work.

Lizzy Hill said...

Wowsies! Strong indeedy. Loving the pops of red amongst the black and that touch of metals....nice:):)

Lynette Jacobs said...

It is beautiful, textured and dramatic. I love this strong masculine page.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING the dark colors and all the textures!!!!!

Kathy Bradley said...

Helen,

Gorgeous and your son is very handsome! I love the 2 papers and how you've picked up the gold, black and red from the upper paper - it is so awesome. And, I've always loved that quote!

Mitralee said...

I love it when I read your words and can hear your voice saying them with excitement! SUPER cool page! Love that wrap work and the color choices you used! Of course I love the black!!! Make me happy! Hugs!

Helen Wallace said...

Dramatic and moody. Love the pops of red and gold. Thanks for the inspiration :D

Denise van Deventer said...

A gorgeous page and love that wrapping! Have seent that too but have not tried it myself yet! I am loving the new Prima stamps too...they are my "go to" stamps...so love them! I also have a new Prima stencil on the way...hopefully I find it in the post, when I get home today! ;-) Love the splashes of gold and the metal accent is gorgeous!
Scrappy is definitely therapeutic for sure...and also after the crazy weeks I am having at work...there is nothing better that a little creative relaxation! xx

Unknown said...

This is really quite intriguing Helen. The way you did the papers and then complimented them with such great texture and embellies. I think it's just so handsomely elegant and free. Really a wonderful creation. j.

Margaret Mifsud said...

A fabulous boy page!! The pops of red and gold look really awesome against the drama of the black and I love the wire wrapping .. brilliant!! Gorgeous photo and stunning page!! xx