Thursday 24 September 2015

Rock Stars Drink Beer Layout - Creating with Sketches
Volume 2 - Throwback Thursday!






Gotcha!  Throwback Thursday!!  
Can you believe I have LOADS {too embarrassed to admit to how many...}
unpublished/drafted posts on my blog here & the other night I was going
 through them deleting things I'd ended up blogging under a new post.  

Yeah don't know why I used to do it but ... most of the unpublished stuff
 are things that were published in books or magazines.  The long delay 
between completing the project & being allowed to share it got me like... 

   
This was published in Kristine Davidson's 'Creating with Sketches Vol. 2 in 2013!
NO mixed media AT ALL!!  I had by this point started experimenting with
mixed media BUT I still had NOT settled on a signature style.  CRAZY...
Yup I was real SLOW on that one!!

Although this is not the way I create at all anymore I really like this page
& it takes me right back to true scrapbooking with it's story content :)

These days, more often than not, I journal more emotionally as opposed
to factually, in other words, about the person rather than the event.
For me I find that more meaningful generally, but to be honest
I don't have a whole lot of 'big events' to scrap about!

Supplies List for ‘Rock Stars Drink Beer’ Layout

Printed papers – Pink Paislee
Music Note Paper – London Market – Kensington – B side
Yellow stripe – Nantucket – Oyster Bar
Circles – Nantucket – Clam Chowder
Die-cuts – Pink Paislee – Portfolio Collection
Rubber embellishments - Artisan elements – Pink Paislee
Alphas – Pink Paislee Portfolio Collection
Black & white stripes - Heidi Swapp packaging
Woodgrain washi – Etsy
Dymo tape
\


8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is soooooooooooo fun! LOVING that photo, the title and the journaling!!!!!!!

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

This is GREAT1!
LOVELY use of color!

Unknown said...

Wonderful use of our product, and a vintage look too!. It's like an on the road artbook that used to come with limited edition cd's!. We enjoyed it a lot.

Kind regards,

Paul

Lizzy Hill said...

Oh, I Have a few of those lurking too. Some I figured would be 'fillers' when things were quiet. But quiet never seems to happen!!! You're having a clean out all round, then...... good on you! I do like MM but you know what? Sometimes it's really NICE seeing paper and embellies.....for me it seems to keep the focus on the photo more...rather than the photo becoming part of a work of art...so I REALLY DIG this one man...Rockingly good. Beer or not!!!

Kathy Bradley said...

What an awesome page, design and I love the way you journaled and the photo is wonderful!

Mitralee said...

Love the silver letters and the ROCK STAR title is awesome! I dig the music paper too! Super cool you dug this one out to share with us!

Margaret Mifsud said...

This totally rocks!! Love the design and the Dymo journaling. Fabulous page!! xx

Lynette Jacobs said...

Gorgeous and bitter sweet too...considering it is a relationship that passed.