Tuesday 20 October 2015

All You need is Love Framed Piece -
October/November 2015 WOODGRAIN
Challenge at 7 Dots Studio!







Hello all!  Yes it's challenge time again at 7 Dots Studio HERE!! These challenges
 are GREAT because they run from the 20th to the 20th, so while they are a full 
month, their deadline falls closer to mid-month rather than the end of the month, 
which is always a CRAZY time for all of us online scrapbookers!


Please remember to right click & save this graphic as you will need to
 include it in your blog post if you play along, which I hope you will!


I used one of the new 7 Dots Studio collections for this framed project.
Verano Azul, designed by the owner of 7 Dots Studio herself, Tusia Lech,
her first self-designed collection!!  Bravo!  I think she did a wonderful job!!


I also had a blast getting inky with Prima Color Bloom sprays as well as
 Ingvild Bolme for Prima chalk inks around the edges of the tags.


I made this for my niece (in the photograph here with her dad, my brother-in-law)
as a gift for her, to thank her for having my eldest daughter to stay with her in the 
UK these last few months.  They literally shared a room so it was quite a sacrifice.


I needed to keep everything as flat as possible, in order to fit under the glass.
Framed pieces make great gifts, as they are not only a perfectly economical way
 for you to recycle old frames but they are also so easy for the recipient to display.


So I stuck to stamping, misting & stencilling & my only embellishments were
 my beloved staples & some completely flat & fine K & Co die-cuts.


Please remember to bookmark the WOODGRAIN Challenge & try to join in! 
 There is always a wonderful merit-based prize for the winner, 
voted on by the Design Team.



8 comments:

Val-Belle said...

I really love these papers :D Beautiful frame. I need to do some for my kids too. This is lovely :D

Heather McMahon said...

Fabulous work - especially considering you had to keep it flat! What a great idea for a gift. Love that paper range too <3

Lizzy Hill said...

This is a gorgeous piece and a very nice present! Love that you've not used too many embellies, but let the papers and the die cuts etc 'do the talking'!!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

A beautiful gift Helen. Love the colours of the papers and your use of the tags are amazing.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and all the splatters!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy Bradley said...

As always, Helen, beautiful.

Mona Pendleton said...

Fantastic project Helen! Love all the layers and inky background!

Denise van Deventer said...

Beautiful...Love the background and styling! ;-)